It is a common misconception that registering a business name grants exclusive rights to use that name as a brand.
In reality, a legal process which includes trademark clearance searches and registration procedures needs to be followed.
Trademark clearance searching is an important risk management tool for business. It identifies any potential issues early on in the brand development stage. This can ultimately save thousands of dollars on unwanted expenses such as legal and rebranding costs.
Trademark registration is one of the most effective ways to protect your brand in the market. Registering your trademark ensures you have a valuable asset for your business which can be sold, licensed to others or used as a form of security.
You can control the use of the brand and stop others from using it. Trademark registration is also a great deterrent for potential infringers. This is because your registration is made public on the Australian Trade Marks Register for all to see.
We can assist you with throughout this process and provide you with all the professional legal advice you need.
Just some of the trademark work we do includes:
- Brand ‘health’ checks and audits
- Australian trademark searches, applications and registrations
- International trademark searches, applications and registrations
- Clearance searching and screening for trademark availability
- Development and implementation of trademark registration strategies
- Brand portfolio management
- Trademark renewals
- Monitoring and watching services
- Oppositions and non-use actions
- Passing off
- Misleading or deceptive conduct under Australian Consumer Laws
Want to know more about trademarks and how we can help your business? Book in for your first consult with us – a 30 minute Skype or telephone consultation for a reduced fixed fee of $199 (incl GST). It’s easy – contact us to schedule your consult today.